Saturday, June 19, 2010

Z71 4x4

Well, Edward and I finally did it...we bought a new truck!  Edward has been wanting a truck for over a year now and we finally found one we both agreed on.  It is a dark gray, 4 door, Z71, 4x4 Chevrolet pick-up.  It has a sunroof, black leather interior, and is only a year old!  After hours in the dealership, the truck finally came home to meet its brother and sister (yes, we now have 3 vehicles).  Buying the new truck reminded me just how stressful big purchases can be.  Just over a year ago we also made another large purchase, our home.  For some reason my heart begins beating faster and faster throughout the entire process of purchasing something large.  I know it sounds silly but I always fear the "what ifs".  What if we can't afford it like we thought?  What if it's a mistake and we're going to find a better one in a week?  What if, what if, what if?  It drives me absolutely crazy, but I know that I have to trust we did the right thing.  Becoming a grown-up is so challenging and full of stresses that I never imagined.  I find comfort though knowing that God has a plan and that as long as I am following my heart, He will take care of me.  I am simply a worry wart, who will think of everything possible to worry about.  Believe it or not, I even wake early often times because my mind simply cannot rest.  I find comfort, however, by reading the verse Matthew 6:34 which states "Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own."  So although I spent an entire night worry about whether we made the right decision or not, I now feel completely confident.  Purchasing the new truck was well worth all the worrying.  Not only do I love our new truck, but I also have learned to trust in the Lord when making those big purchases and He will lay on my heart what I should do.  I just have to get myself in gear, do it, and trust.  Now, off for a ride in the new truck... :)

1 comment: