Monday, July 12, 2010

4th of July and our 2nd Anniversary

The 4th of July is by far my favorite holiday. I absolutely love watching America come together to celebrate our incredible country. Plus, I love fireworks, American food, baseball, and everything else American. This is the one day I can have everything I love without everyone thinking I am overboard on the whole American pride. Therefore, Edward and I had an all-American 4th of July. We started the day at a local celebration that was filled with carnival games and great greasy food! Then we went to the ballpark and watched the most American sport we could find, BASEBALL! Since it was the 4th, the ballpark had an awesome firework display at the end of the game. Now, as most of you know, I am a city girl and Edward is a country boy. So Edward has always shot off his own fireworks on the 4th, while I have always watched from a nice spot on some concrete while the professionals blow me away. This year, however, since we watched my wonderful fireworks while sitting in comfortable bleacher seats, I owed it to Edward to also have his own firework show in our backyard. Therefore, after the game we headed back to our home and shot off our very own. I was extremely nervous at first, but after watching Edward light just a few, I quickly jumped in. I am still not brave enough to light the big fireworks quite yet, but I did have fun doing all the childish ones. This 4th of July was definitely one to remember :)

________________________________________________________

Since the 4th of July has always been my favorite holiday, I always dreamed of getting married on that weekend. I am blessed to have a man that made all my dreams come true! Two years ago, on July 5th, Edward Reid and I tied the knot. It was an incredible wedding spent with all our friends and family. We had fireworks at our rehearsal dinner (another benefit of being wed on the 5th) and then an incredible ceremony the next evening. This year Edward and I were able to celebrate our anniversary at our home relaxing and just getting to spend time with one another. We slept in, received massages at the spa, and ate an amazing dinner at Jasper's. It was the perfect way to celebrate our two years of marriage. We have experienced so much over the last two years together and have grown closer through it all. It is wonderful to be married not only to the man of my dreams, but also to my best friend. Each day is a new experience full of surprises and I could never imagine meeting all the daily challenges and rewards without my best friend, Edward, by my side.




No comments:

Post a Comment